F. Scott Fitzgerald said,


"There are no second acts in American lives."


Most people think he was crazy.















Sunday, January 23, 2011

This Explains a LOT!!!

In my quest to find out what is next in store for me, I decided to take some of those aptitude/personality/interest surveys available on-line. (Only the free ones, though--I'm not paying for pseudopsychology.) One of the tests I let my students take at the beginning of the year (when we read and discuss "Flowers for Algernon") is the Myers-Briggs.

Which brings me to the dreaded ENFP.

(Here's my prior experience with Myers-Briggs.)

Let me ask you: if I'm told that no one wants to work with someone like me, what kind of work should I want to do?
I probably need to work alone.

Add to that, the fact that words are my life, and what do you have?
Reading and writing. Both are perfect, as they are solitary activities. No one will be forced to deal with my ENFP self. The only folks who will have to deal with the craziness are the folks who read my writing. All three of them.

1 comment:

  1. Now you can say there are four readers of the disenfranchised ENFP. As an INTJ, I also was told to work alone because no one wanted to work with me. That has worked out okay, although I think I had to grow into it.
    www.rebeccaguevara.com

    ReplyDelete